This blog used to be hosted as a TU Delft weblog, but today I successfully moved out of there! I imported the posts and comments from the old location and relocated here, so nothing is lost. There were a couple of major issues I had with the TU Delft weblog service that were really starting to get on my nerves:
- You are not allowed to install plug-ins (somehow this reminds me of ‘You cannot get ye flask‘)
- You are also not allowed to install new themes
- There’s a generous 250MB Storage Space Limit
- Want a nice-looking Twitter widget? Forget about it!
- For aforementioned reasons, you cannot install nice things like Jetpack and are forced to use the plug-ins chosen for you (that sometimes don’t even work, I’m looking at you Subscribe2)
- At times, I cannot log-in via my netid and am only presented with the option to log in as a guest
- Every visitor is forced to battle through a cookie-acceptance-statement (in Dutch for good measure) supposedly once, but has to do this every visit anyway.
- The domain-name is quite lengthy
A good coffee-discussion at work finally pushed me over the edge to make some changes. My brother has graciously offered to host a new WordPress install for me here, for which I will be eternally grateful. To my faithful readers: welcome to the new blog and I hope to see you here more often ^^!
Don’t worry about the SSL certificate thing being outdated, it beats NO encryption at all 😉
Thanks, bro! That doesn’t worry me in the slightest 🙂 I was more worried about all the TU Delft weblog issues ^^
I guess I’ll have to do the same once I reach the 250MB 🙂
I wish you a well start. I’m agog to see where it will be go. 🙂
Thank you! I hope your website is also doing great!
Not really, but I know where my visitors coming.
Anyway, we will read us in the future. 😛
Good luck! 🙂