Weekly status update time. This week featuring the five m’s: medvis.org, medical visualization course, meetings, malaise and Melechesh:
- Last week I finally wrote a long overdue medvis.org blog post about ‘recent’ medical visualization PhD defenses. Does this mean I will also start writing the long overdue VCBM and VIS conference reports for last year? Time will tell.
- In the middle of the week, I was TA-ing for the TU Delft Medical Visualization course. I also gave an introductory mini-lecture for the practical. It’s always hilarious that despite the decade age-gap, I always delude myself into thinking we’re the same age. So I add all sorts of ‘funny’ internet memes to the slides with mixed results. Got a couple of laughs this time, so it wasn’t as awkward as it could have been. I really enjoy helping the students and seeing them interacting with medical data, some for the first time playing around with 3D volumes. Magic!
- Yesterday I had two meetings on the agenda. One with my promotor and then another one in Leiden. Two epic meetings in one day is really a bit much for me in my current state (more on that in the next bullet point), but both were fruitful at least. Though if I have to go back to the drawing board one more time on that anatomical variation algorithm I swear there will be table flipping and ragequits.
- Linear time blog reporting fail: in the beginning of the week, I started developing a cold that has gotten progressively worse as the days go by. I had too many things scheduled to take a day off and recover, though hopefully I will now in the weekend. Lots of couch gaming and crochet ahead for me.
- In other news, Melechesh released a live stream of their full upcoming album Enki. Melechesh, as you probably know, are a really cool band that makes Sumerian thrashing black metal and I am very excited about the new album. Combining metal with influences from the middle east is of course always a great idea (see also Orphaned Land), but Melechesh pull it off exceptionally well. Don’t take my word for it though, hear for yourself:
That’s all from me for this week, I have an urgent date with my couch 😉 Enjoy your day!